Tips for Getting Kids to Eat More Fruits and Veggies
Give your kids a healthy future by making sure they eat lots of fruits and veggies. There's more to life than brown nuggets and yellow French fries. Open up a whole new world of colorful fruits and veggies for your kids to explore. Try these tips to get your kids into the habit of eating more fruits and veggies:
- Kids like snacks. When they come home hungry, have fruits and veggies ready to eat. Put a bowl of washed fresh fruit on the table where it can be seen. Move the carrot sticks to the FRONT of the fridge.
- Let your kids be "produce pickers." Help them pick fruits and veggies at the store. Kids are more likely to eat foods they pick out.
- They learn from watching you. Eat fruits and veggies and your kids will too. Eat together and let your children see you enjoying fruits and vegetables.
- Make it fun! Make fruit kabobs on a plastic straw. Wrap up fruits and veggies in a whole wheat tortilla and slice it into pin wheels. Name a fruit or vegetable dish after your child and make a big deal out of serving "Max's Green Bean Surprise" or "Rosa's Cauliflower Stir-Fry."
Try these kid favorite JSY recipes:
- Apple Pancakes
- Black Bean Wraps
- Mango Roll Ups
- Pepper Pizza
- Sunny Citrus Salad
- Easy Pear Parfait
- Carrot Cookies
- Pineapple Muffins
- Spaghetti Squash with Tomato Sauce
- Onion Rings
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Carrot Salad
- Pasta with Peas