Gee, I Wish I’d Thought of That – Creative Ways to Enjoy Fruits and Veggies
Fruits and veggies don't have to be boring. Break free of canned green beans, baked potatoes and bananas and spice it up a bit! Try a fruit or veggie you've never tried before. Challenge yourself to eat as many colors in one day as you can. Have some fun with fruits and veggies by trying the ideas below:
- Put fruit on your salad greens. How about mandarin oranges, pears, strawberries, dried cranberries or raisins? Use your imagination!
- Think vegetables at breakfast! Make a black bean and scrambled egg wrap and spice it up with fresh tomato salsa.
- Skip the pancake syrup and top your pancakes and waffles with fruit or fruit sauces instead. Try JSY's Blueberry Sauce, Peachy Topping or Straw-nana Topping.
- Toss an avocado in your smoothie. Its mild flavor and creamy texture blend in nicely and it will add a dose of healthy fats.
Try these "Gee, I wish I'd thought of that" JSY recipes:
- Apricot Salsa
- Blueberry Sauce
- Carrot Cookies
- Cassava with Garlic Lime Sauce
- Cranberry and Sweet Potato Bread
- Greens and Grapes
- Lentil Spaghetti Sauce
- Mango Chutney
- Mango Roll Ups
- Peachy Topping
- Watermelon and Black Bean Salsa
- Sweet Potato and Prune Casserole
- Broccoli Raisin Pasta Salad
- Spinach Orange Salad
- Spaghetti Squash with Tomato Sauce
- Straw-nana Topping