JSY workshops provide quick and easy recipe demonstrations, taste samples, practical nutrition information for families to use and a free incentive for each participant. JSY nutritionists utilize USDA-approved lesson plans to offer a learner-centered, interactive approach to teaching.
JSY lesson plans address three core SNAP-Ed nutrition topics including:
- Dietary Quality: Improve dietary quality by increasing consumption of fruits and vegetables
- Food Safety: Safely handle, prepare and store fruits and vegetables
- Food Resource Management: Enhance efforts to manage resources and shop for fruits and vegetables in a cost-efficient manner
Just Say Yes Lesson Plans
JSY Lessons on Dietary Quality
- Eating healthy with fruits and vegetables
- Cooking with dried beans
- Improving fiber intake
- Making healthy food choices with MyPyramid
- Nutrition Fact Labels
- Meal Planning
- Portion Size
JSY Lesson on Food Safety
- Keeping Food Safe
Here's what participants have to say about JSY workshops:
"I can't wait to make this Pear Parfait for my kids. They'll love it!"
"I'm going to make this 3 bean salad for my husband. I have garbanzo beans at home and never knew what to do with them."
"I'll be keeping an eye on my plate size and using my hand to measure foods to make sure I don't eat too much."
"These classes have helped me so much. I'm eating breakfast every day, and eating more whole grains and fruits and veggies too."