Health and Nutrition External Links
Check out these websites for the latest information on food, nutrition and health.
- Want more information about how to include fruits and veggies in your family's diet every day? Check out Fruits and Veggies More Matters for tips, recipes, and the latest information on the health benefits of eating fruits and vegetables.
- Fruits & Veggies Matter is a website of the National Fruit & Vegetable Program, a partnership between government, non-profit organizations, and industry to promote eating fruits and vegetables. The website contains fruit and vegetable recipes, tips to stretch your fruits and vegetable budget, and much more!
- Produce for Better Health Foundation is your source for fruits and veggies education and nutrition information.
- Get delicious dry bean recipes, learn about different varieties of beans, and find out more about bean nutrition from the Idaho Bean Commission.
- Visit the U.S. Apple Association's online resource for consumers, where you will find information about U.S. apples and their many healthful benefits.
- Are you struggling to find ways to feed your family a low-cost, healthy meal in a hurry? Iowa State University Extension's Spend Smart. Eat Smart. has ideas, tips, recipes and resources to help you feed your family for less.
- One size doesn't fit all. MyPyramid.gov offers personalized eating plans and interactive tools to help you plan your food choices based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. The site includes information for kids and pregnant and lactating women, too.
- Consumer Corner is a sub-site of the Food and Nutrition Information Center of the US Department of Agriculture. It contains trustworthy and up-to-date information on food and nutrition topics.
- Want your kids to eat right? Kidnetic.com has games, recipes, and other information offered by the International Food Information Council to help kids move more and eat better.
- At the heart of good health is good nutrition. The Nutrition Center of the American Heart Association has recipes, healthy cooking tips, secrets to heart-smart shopping, and much more.
- You think you know what will make you healthier, but are you sure? HealthierUS.gov has accurate information to help you choose to live a healthier life.
- BreastfeedingPartners.org contains information for pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, and their families. Learn the benefits of breastfeeding and get answers to some commonly asked questions at this website developed by the New York State Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC).
- Learn about food safety and safe food handling at Fight BAC!
- Find out how to get the latest information on food recalls and alerts as well as food illness outbreaks at FoodSafety.gov - the gateway to food safety information from government agencies.
- The National Center for Home Food Preservation provides information about safe canning, freezing and other forms of home food preservation.
- Spend Smart. Eat Smart.